You guys, I’m super excited about this week!! I know I’m a day late, but it is worth it to me. I have two drafts of posts that I could have published yesterday, but before I sat down to edit one of them, I had a good friend reach out to me looking for guidance on her health journey. Not only am I beyond happy to help, but I thought having someone ask me for personal advice was eye opening for me, and it could end up helping others!
So shout out to Kristen for inspiring me for this post, and I hope that these 10 tips and tricks that I live by every day can help everyone else too 🙂
- ALWAYS PLAN. This is super important when it comes to staying on track with your health and fitness goals. Plan your meals for the week, write out your grocery list, schedule your workouts into your calendar so you don’t miss them. Plan, plan, plan! This way, you will be able to stay on track without having to give it much thought.
- COFFEE. ACV. WATER. REPEAT. Every morning, I enjoy my cup of coffee on the couch while catching up on social media or playing with the cats. As soon as I’m done with that, I head into the kitchen to take a shot of apple cider vinegar. You have no idea how much this helps to curb my appetite for the entire day! From there, I enjoy 3L’s of water throughout my day to make sure I am staying hydrated and don’t fill my boredom with snacks. When a craving strikes (like every day around 3pm), I enjoy another cup of coffee. When the weekend comes, I either forget about that craving or I indulge in it. Don’t deprive yourself, because it will make this journey MUCH more difficult.
- START EVERY DAY ON THE RIGHT NOTE. Before you sit down for your coffee/tea/morning beverage of choice, just take a deep breath. I do this because it’s a quiet moment I have to reflect on the day ahead. I let go of whatever was troubling me the day before, and I become mindful of what I will be doing that day. This might not be food related, but your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Which leads me to my next tip…
- ALWAYS FORGIVE. Forgive yourself for any slip-up you might have had the day before. Forgive the reason you gave in. You can’t blame yourself for indulging – even if you don’t enjoy it. I was a huge stress eater, but after a lot of time and mindfulness, I now pause and think about what is stressing me out and channel that into exercise, writing, or work. I would eat without thinking, not enjoying one bite of food because I was worried about something else. Today is a new day, and one bad choice is NOT going to ruin your progress!
- GIVE IT TIME. You need to think of everything in a long-term mindset. This was a very recent discovery for me. I always thought after one workout, I should have lost 5 pounds. NOPE! It took me 4 MONTHS of eating right, exercising, and changing my whole lifestyle to see results. One year later, I have maintained my progress because I have become more mindful, gained A LOT of patience, and I have learned more than I could imagine about how diet and exercise effect not only my appearance, but my mental health as well.
Since Kristen has been seeking more than just 5 tips on the mindful things I do during the day, I thought I would make this a 3-part post! Next week, I am going to give my top 5 food tips for staying on track. Then after Labor Day, I will go over my top 5 favorite exercises and why I chose to do those over anything else.
If you would like to see anything on those topics, let me know! I will include them in the upcoming weeks 🙂